Friday 17 April 2015

365days Without Chibok Girls


Time really does fly,
 Its been 365 days
Since we were forcefully adopted,
 It been one year of pains, agony.

This memory hurts,
the memory of never coming home,
I am now a woman,
my innocence has forcefully been taken from me,

I am nursing Mohammed,
He’s a happy child, the eternal scar of my grief,
Do no weep for me,

I am the offspring of a greedy society,
the propitiator of a selfish deity.
I hope the gods accept me,
I hope other girls live,

Now that I die.
















NB: Today 14/April/2015. We remember the Chibok Girls forcefully adopted from their town by Boko Haram (an Islamic militant group) in Chibok, Bornu State, Nigeria.












About Oliver Oliver
Oliver Onyibe is a/an |Clerisy| |Social Engineer| |Lover| |Eclecticist|

No comments:

Post a Comment