Thursday 9 June 2016

MY SON



 When my son was born,
I knelt down and said, 
Son, I'm happy you are here,
I wish you never came.


You were better as a star in the dark night,
Looking down on frail earthlings,
You might never realize your full potentials
here on earth.


You will be told,
you can be whatsoever you want to be, 
Don't be deceived,
it's a cliché.


Society has your roles,
written in black and white, 
If you dare do otherwise,
you will be nicknamed a deviant.


I love you,
I don't want the fate of deviants to befall you.
Society scorns celibacy,
Let your virility show in the young maidens of the town,
Impregnate them in their hundreds,
that is what society wants.


If you steal in little quantity,
you will be incarcerated,
steal huge amounts,
they will be dumbfounded,
you will be rewarded with a chieftaincy title.


Don't be a teacher,
their rewards are in heaven,
that is for those that will be fortunate to make heaven.

Be a politician,
you will steal and men of God will fight your cause,
your victims will reverence and enthrone you. 


Keep them hungry and dispirited,
their love for you will wax stronger.
While you are here,
enjoy your stay.


I love you truly.




















About Oliver Onyibe
Oliver Onyibe is a |Social Engineer| and  |Lover|

No comments:

Post a Comment